Bounced (Bad) Child Support Checks

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Ex-Spouse and other Single Parent topics.

What are some laws, legislation or court rulings on child support?

Bounced (Bad) Child Support Checks

The law allows for a wage withholding when child support payments are behind 30 days or more. Child support payments would then be taken directly from the paycheck of the noncustodial parent, eliminating the need for him or her to pay you directly. Also, it is a crime to bounce checks, so report the bad check to your local police department.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Single Parent Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Tammi Reynolds