Avoid Tantrums

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Discipline and other Single Parent topics.

What can I do about tantrums?

Avoid Tantrums

Using stickers are great ways to get kids to do what you need them to do without resorting to bribery or anger. I purchased some "great job" stickers from the dollar store and with these 100+ stickers I reward my son (2 years old) for everything he does that is appropriate. When he balks at doing something (getting dressed, putting away toys, etc.), I only have to remind him that he will get a sticker if he does it and it works like a charm 98% of the time. The other 2% of the time nothing will work because he is being TWO!!!

   

Comments

Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.



Name:


URL: (optional)


Comment:


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Single Parent Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!


Guru Spotlight
Jerry Mayo